Saturday, March 26, 2011

Whole 30 day 3 and a day 4 misstep

Well, Day 3 was better. A bit of a headache that comes and goes. Got off early from the job and took a 2 hour nap. Food for the day: B: Egg frittata muffins, strawberries, S: lara bar, L: leftover sundried chicken over salad with balsamic vinaigrette, D: filet, brussel sprouts, carrots and stuffed mushrooms, S: Almond butter with an apple.

Today I made a misstep. We went to a local breakfast place that is too slammed to ask alot of questions. I got grilled pork tenderloin and scrambled eggs (not eating the biscuits with gravy!) but the eggs were cooked with butter. Lesson learned, always ask or don't eat it, the south is a butter region, and I can extend the 30 days to 34 to gain the full benefit.

I am having a gal pal over tonight and will be having thai beef with roasted asparagus and carrots. I'll make her some jasmine rice, and for dessert we'll have strawberries and coconut milk. I feel proud of this meal and not like I'm having to give anything up while entertaining.

Some things I'm noticing: I am tired, bordering on lethargic. I am less hungry and less obsessed in my mind with food, what I'm going to eat next, etc. I know more things challenges are ahead but hope I can meet them head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment