Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 8 of 34

I have made it an entire week eating no grains, no legumes, no dairy (a little butter cooked in eggs is trace compared to my old eating habits, and NO sugar. I've had fruits and some balsamic vinegar and some of the delicious caramelized burnt stuff that leaks out of sweet potatoes. But I haven't had a candy bar, a Reese's pieces, ice cream, splenda or creamer in my coffee or a Diet Dr. Pepper in a full week!

How do I feel? Mostly good. I feel like the monkey is off my back, it's still dancing around me, but it isn't plying my lips back and inserting sweet treats, chips, cheese and all kinds of CRAP into my mouth. I can look at someone eating things I am currently not eating and not feel like I am missing something.

I am still waiting on the arrival of carb flu. I am wondering if I am in ketosis. I can't help but want to step on the scale, although I will not, I will not make one concession for this 30 days. It is more to make sure I am not gaining, because eating more fat goes against everything I know and hold dear. But the old acting class mantra comes to mind "Just trust the process."

My emotions are better than they were. I have to say that this was cycle week sans chocolate. I mean no sugar, no indulgence, no glass of wine. All who survived are very lucky.

I could very easily dive right back to my old ways of eating. But I don't want to do that. I am learning a lot about the paleo lifestyle and the science behind it. It is still confusing, but for now I don't have to adopt a new lifestyle. I am dealing with the first 30 (34) days. After that, I can make decisions about what to do moving forward.

I am still not exercising. I have a plan to train for a specific 5k. I have not committed. I will be doing some meditation on that over the next few days. I know I need to move, but yet I am resistant. Hopefully, when the sunshine returns, I will change my mind. Because I do dream of running. Yet still I sit. I'll have to work on changing my thoughts into actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment