Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 16 of Whole 30 (34!)

Ok, so I just had one of the best treats of my life. And I am totally shocked! Frozen berries with coconut milk and put in the freezer like paleo ice cream!. I think I savored it for over 20 minutes. I was never able to do that with real ice cream. My food is not just disappearing anymore. I am slowing my eating and beginning to really enjoy it. This is HUGE people. I have put on 80 lbs by shoveling my food in. To be honest, after two weeks of this, I do think my life is changing. I don't miss grains. I don't miss sugar as badly as I thought I would. I do miss wine and I do want to have some dairy again. But if I can enjoy fruit with coconut milk like it is sweet nectar of the gods, well, my life is changing. If I can even fathom not eating grains or sugar on a regular basis, my life is changing. If my days are not filled with what the next thing I want to eat is, my life is changing. 30 days to change your life. I want a major life change so bad I can taste the fatty steak I am free to enjoy by eating primal/paleo!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh. I have both coconut milk and berries! Will try this to replace ice cream. I am so proud of you and glad you're in my life. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete